MOCKSVILLE, NC -- Blue Highway band members Tim Stafford and Wayne Taylor have contributed one-of-a-kind items to the Carolina Bible Camp Festival auction, which is on-going now and benefits the 501(c)3 non-profit camp for children ages 9-19 in Mocksville, NC.
The CBC Bluegrass Festival is the camp's primary annual fundraiser, in its sixth year, with Blue Highway headlining the upcoming event in Mocksville this Saturday, September 9, 2017.
A Silent Auction will occur at the festival site on September 9 from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. Artists participating in this year's and past events were invited to contribute items to the Silent Auction, with all proceeds benefiting the camp.
The auction has been expanded this week due to the unexpected generosity of Blue Highway band members Tim Stafford and Wayne Taylor, who surprised festival Executive Director Lisa De Maio Brewer with once-in-a-life time items -- the original lyric sheets from the writing sessions of some of Blue Highway's most beloved songs, like Nothin' But a Whippoorwill and Talk Is Cheap.
An On-line Auction was quickly set up this week by T. Kyle Swicegood of The Swicegood Group, and all the items which will be part of the Silent Auction this Saturday are also now available to the general public for On-line Bidding.
The auction may be accessed at www.ready2bid.com by selecting the Carolina Bible Camp Auction event.
"I am not ashamed to say I cried when I opened Wayne's envelope and saw what it contained. I just can't get over Tim and Wayne. What an amazing display of generosity," shared Lisa De Maio Brewer.
"Lisa Brewer and the folks at the Carolina Bible Camp festival are some of our favorite people in the business. I'm happy to donate these signed lyric sheets, some of which are originals from the day of composition," said Tim Stafford.
Blue Highway's contributions to the auction include:
- Tim Stafford ~ Original lyric sheet from songwriting session for Nothing But a Whippoorwill. Co-written with Steve Gulley. Recorded on Blue Highway's album "Marbletown," which was nominated for both a GRAMMY Award and 2006 IBMA Album of the Year. Matted and Framed. Autographed by Tim Stafford.
- Tim Stafford ~ Original lyric sheet from songwriting session for When Day is Done. Co-written with Bobby Starnes. Recorded on Jeff Parker's 2004 album "When Day is Done." Jeff Parker is mandolin player for 3-time IBMA Entertainer of the Year, Dailey & Vincent. Matted and Framed. Autographed by Tim Stafford.
- Wayne Taylor ~ Original lyric sheet from songwriting session for Talk Is Cheap. Recorded on Blue Highway's album "The Game," which was nominated as 2014 IBMA Album of the Year, and topped the Bluegrass Unlimited Album Chart at #1 for an unprecedented 7 consecutive months. The song Talk Is Cheap was #1 on multiple national charts and was the #3 song of the year on the 2014 Bluegrass Today Radio Airplay Chart. Matted and Framed. Autographed by Wayne Taylor.
- Tim Stafford ~ Handwritten lyric sheet to the beloved Blue Highway a cappella classic, Some Day. Lyrics are by Olive Stockton, with the melody penned by Stafford. Recorded on Blue Highway's album "Midnight Storm," which was nominated as 2006 IBMA Album of the Year. This item is a lyric sheet handwritten and autographed by Tim Stafford for this auction. Matted and Framed.
- Wayne Taylor ~ Two (2) Autographed copies of Taylor's solo album, "It's About Time."
- Blue Highway ~ Opportunity for one fan to join Blue Highway on stage for the Finale at the CBC Festival on Saturday, September 9, as the band and other festival artists perform the finale song, "Will the Circle Be Unbroken," at the close of the event at approximately 6:15 pm. Bids may be placed on-line for this item, but bidder must be present in Mocksville at the CBC Festival on September 9 by 4:00 pm in order to win and claim the prize.
It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for Blue Highway fans to own a piece of history ~ the handwritten lyric sheets to some of Blue Highway's most popular songs ~ and all for a great cause!
Auction items have also been donated by Grammy winner Dom Flemons; 'Song of the Mountains' host Tim White; bluegrass sweetheart Sierra Hull; the band Scythian; North Carolina cigar box luthier Thomas Taylor; and craftsman Adam Broadway.
The CBC Bluegrass Festival will take place at the Carolina Bible Camp at 1988 Jericho Road in Mocksville, NC, on Saturday, September 9, 2017. Tickets will be available at the Gate on day of show for $20, or in advance on-line for $15 at www.CBCBluegrass.com/tickets.
The Silent and On-line Auctions will end on Saturday, September 9, at 4:00 pm, with winners announced shortly thereafter.
For more information on Blue Highway, please go to www.BlueHighwayBand.com.
For more information on the CBC Festival, please go to www.CBCBluegrass.com.
Press release courtesy:
Sherri George, Agent, Tour Manager, and Publicist, Blue Highway