BRISTOL, VA (December 28, 2019) ~ Award-winning supergroup Blue Highway is celebrating its 25th Anniversary with an almost two-week run of giveaways, which will be posted every day starting the day after Christmas via the Blue Highway Facebook Page.
Winners will be announced starting on New Year's Day at 4:00 pm ET, with one or more winners being announced daily until all prizes are awarded.
- Blue Highway's first publicity photo. 1995.
- Blue Highway's first cover story ~ Bluegrass Unlimited magazine, March 1996 issue.
- Blue Highway cover story ~ Country Music Club of Switzerland Newsletter publication, Jan/Feb 1998 issue.
- Blue Highway cover story ~ Moonshiner Bluegrass Journal of Japan, Volume 10 of 1997 issue.
- Blue Highway cover story ~ BMP: Bluegrass Music Profiles magazine, Mar/Apr 2012 issue.
- Blue Highway cover story ~ Bluegrass Unlimited magazine, April 2012 issue.
- Blue Highway cover story ~ Bluegrass Unlimited magazine, July 2017 issue.
- Blue Highway's first Christmas card. 2016.
- GRAND PRIZE ~ An original Blue Highway demo tape. 1994.
The Grand Prize is identical to the tapes the band sent out in 1994, which landed Blue Highway its first recording contract with Rebel Records.
The original demo recording featured Tim Stafford on guitar, Wayne Taylor on bass, Shawn Lane on mandolin, and Rob Ickes on Dobro ~ with Tony Brown on banjo.
It was recorded before Jason Burleson joined the band on banjo, and before Blue Highway appeared in its first show in Kingsport, Tennessee, on December 31, 1994.
The cassette tape has four songs on it, including three original songs written by Tim Stafford and Wayne Taylor:
- Lonesome Pine (Wayne Taylor)
- Before the Cold Wind Blows (Wayne Taylor)
- Farmer's Blues (Tim Stafford)
- Blueridge Mountain Girl
The demo tape has the original name "Hurricane Reign" marked out, with a sticker over it bearing the now iconic name "Blue Highway."
Tim Stafford recalls: "The tapes originally had the first name for the band, "Hurricane Reign." But, I ordered some stickers as soon as we got the tapes, marked the first name out, and put the Blue Highway sticker on."
Fans can enter to win the historic prizes by commenting on each item's post on Blue Highway's Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/BlueHighway. Each item is open for entering until the winner of the item is announced.
Highly esteemed bluegrass band Blue Highway has earned a collective 28 IBMA Awards, 6 SPBGMA Awards, one Dove Award, and three GRAMMY nominations as a band. Current members include Tim Stafford, Wayne Taylor, Shawn Lane, Jason Burleson, and Gary Hultman.
Prizes courtesy of:
Personal collections of Tim Stafford and Wayne Taylor.
Photos courtesy of:
Sherri George, Wayne Taylor, and Tim Stafford.
Press Release courtesy:
Sherri George, Publicist, Blue Highway.